Tuesday, December 28, 2010

End to end

end to end


One of my favorite gifts that I gave this Christmas was a set of Chinese Foo Dog bookends.  They were part of a secret santa game and I wasn't sure how they would be received but fortunately they were a hit.  Secretly I was hoping no one would like them and I would be able to take them back home with me.  However, they have inspired my new appreciation for bookends and the artistic contribution these objects can give to a beautifully layed out bookshelf.  A bookend(s) can make or break the vision of a bookshelf in my opinion.  They can be used to express the types of books they contain or merely act as a work of art.  Bookends normally come in pairs but on occasion you only need one which is where a vase or any other object can take the place of a traditional end.  One tip that I have found helpful when designing (and redesigning) my own bookshleves is keeping like colored books with like colored books - this creates a pleasing pattern for the viewers eye while creatin a cohesive layout.


1. 6-Bottle Bookend Wine Rack, $30
2. Canine Companion Bookends in French Bulldog, $56
3. Halloren Vase, $100
4. Ceramic Books, $104
5. Agate Bookend, $52

No comments:

Post a Comment