Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Winos all around

The wine was surely flowing this weekend at our house - we had a wine tasting party for my husband's birthday.  Each guest was asked to choose a wine and create a dish to complement the wine.  The party was a blast and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves - I, myself, a bit too much.  I went backwards in the process by choosing to make a pear gorgonzola tart - I then chose an Italian white, Gavi, for the wine.  My husband made steak sandwiches on French bread dipped in fondue - they won the pairing contest.  The "anger" jar was a gift I gave ourselves for Christmas (an inside joke) and it made the perfect centerpiece for our party.  CHEERS!    


{pear tart - before the pear}

{pear tart - with and without prosciutto (we had a vegetarian in attendance)}

{the winner}

{joy}

No comments:

Post a Comment