Monday, May 23, 2011

wiping the slate clean {new beginnings}



As you can see I recently took a hiatus from writing my daily blog - quite honestly, I had lost my creative inspiration and was feeling drained so I took some time to do a little soul searching about this whole process.  I want this blog to be an enjoyable outlet for my incessant thinking, not a hassle or "second job."  I've also come to the realization that my life is changing.  Halfway into my 30th year of life I've become more aware that I am a woman now and that I must find a balance between my seemingly pressing adulthood and my overwhelming need to be completely myself.  I've always been different than my peers - blatantly honest, outspoken, and determined to remain true to the thoughts and processes in my head.  Lately I have felt that all of these things have led me to feel isolated and I find myself becoming slightly more introverted (I know that is hard to believe) and either introspective or retrospective (depending upon the day).  I have succumbed to this knew self awareness and I find myself slowly becoming inspired again with a more sophisticated yet still playful frame of mind.  I believe that it is a daily struggle for most people to remain their true selves day after day without some sort of self doubt but I intend to follow this path wherever it my lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment