Friday, August 12, 2011

highs & {lows}

This past week has been a testament of life for me.  I have gone from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows  of emotions within just a few days.  The joy of Thomas and his amazing survival makes me rejoice and celebrate life while the untimely death of two friends makes me cringe at the thought of how cruel life can be.  News came Saturday evening that two of our dear friends, who were both Navy Seals, had been killed in Afghanistan while on a recovery mission.  Their death makes everything else seem so trivial and our house is filled with a sadness that is indescribable.  They were brave and selfless and we owe our freedom to men like Rob and Jonas.  I know that at times like these our faith has to be strong and I am trying desperately to move on but only time can heal and I know that process will be long.  I am truly thankful for all our friends and family and the support system we are surrounded with.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment