Friday, February 10, 2012

brass {trinkets}


So I am in the process of re-doing all of the bookshelves in our house.  For starters they all need to be dusted, which means removing everything anyways, so why not just give them some new pizazz in the meantime.  Also, after close examination of my unhealthy obsession with pinning bookshelves on pinterest, I have come to the realization that I will need trinkets in the same color palette in order to create the cohesive look that I apparently love.  However, being that there is no money growing on my trees this year, I found this tutorial on making "brass objects" on the cheap.  SOLD!  My first victim is going to be a tiny statue recreation of Michelangelo's David that was a gift to my husband many years ago - I'm pretty sure David won't mind being painted brass being that our version has a sweet mullet (not kidding)!

No comments:

Post a Comment