Friday, March 22, 2013

28 weeks



Sorry for waiting so long to post this week but I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and I knew that information would be pertinent to today's update.

How far along? 28 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain: Not so good in this department.  I seem to have hit a plateau, even loosing a pound according to the scale yesterday - note to self to wear heavy clothes and shoes next time :)  My appetite has slowed because I am so much less active and plus I have close to 5 pounds of babies squishing my stomach.
Maternity clothes? Yep!  And they only keep shrinking and I am really tired of wearing the same five shirts every week.  I may need to try and do a little wardrobe update this weekend while the C-note is away.
Stretch marks? Not yet ... I am almost scared to answer this question as for the possibility of jinxing myself.  Still lathering myself up with lotion and may begin with some sort of oil therapy for extra good juju.
Sleep: Still getting up a minimum of 4 times per night and having a hard time getting back to sleep.  Oh and last night was awesome.  I felt C-note get out of bed at some point and of course I just thought he was getting up for work.  Well some time during my drifting in and out of sleep he came back and got in bed.  I asked if everything was ok and he said "I thought someone was in our house and I almost grabbed the shotgun but now I think it is an animal in the attic."  I started laughing and then I started listening and there it was the sounds of a flailing animal in the attic.  C-note then informed me that we still had traps in our attic from a couple years ago and he thought that something  was trapped and dying.  He said the trap probably squished its brain to which I asked "what if it only has a hand or foot caught?  I guess you could stun it with your BB gun."  To which C-note answered "... or a hammer.  This is a strange conversation for 4:30 in the morning." I couldn't stop laughing and when I finally fell asleep I had a dream about the animal trapped in the attic.  Gross!!
Best moment this week: There were a few great moments this week.  1. we hit 28 weeks which is huge for these little babies  2. I got to hang out with my best best friends (even if only for a short time)  3.   I got a temporary handicap tag for my car making it so much less stressful to run errands and even park at work ( I know this is a sad thing to get excited about but if you were me you would feel the same way too!)
Miss Anything? Still missing normal clothes and getting day drunk with no responsibilities with my friends - those days are gone.
Movement: We are really moving now.  They constantly kick and punch me from within which is definitely the  best part of being pregnant.  I can do without the rest but feeling them move is nothing short of a miracle in my book.  I was attached to the contraction machine on Thursday just for good measure.  During this process they also monitor each baby's heartbeat.  Well, my babies aren't fans and they constantly move and kick the monitors which makes really funny noises.  Toward the end of my session on the machine Baby boy got the hiccups and it was fabulous.  It really made my year because I had just had a conversation with a co-worker who said her daughter always got the hiccups and I wanted to feel them so bad too!  And to make it even better, when I got home Baby girl got them too.  By far one of the best things on earth I could experience.
Food cravings:  French onion soup and Easter candy ... everyone knows that Easter candy is the best.   
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not this week .. so far.
Labor Signs:  Still kickin' it on the procardia and progesterone for the contractions.  They seem to be under better control ... honestly it is sometimes hard to tell the difference between a contraction and all the movement from the babies. TMI  alert: my cervix is hanging in at 3 cm which is great and actually completely normal.  This also tells us that the contractions that I am still having aren't necessarily shortening my cervix for the moment which means that I am still ok to work and that I won't be having the babies this weekend - all of which are a big relief to both myself and C-note.
Symptoms: Water retention has still not taken full affect but after I mentioned that in last week's post my feet began to swell the very next day!  I told you karma was a you know what.  I got the swelling to go down and hopefully I can keep it that way!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy because I know that the babies are growing and staying put for the moment which is my biggest concern.
Looking forward to: Another week marked off on the calendar.  Also, finishing up some of the things for the nursery.  I'm going to start washing their clothes in preparation and clearing the spot for the glider which will hopefully make an appearance this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment