Friday, October 22, 2010

Utilitarian Art

Utilitarian Art

Due to the fact that my past few weekends have been dedicated to fixing things around the house I have rediscovered a love for furniture that has an engineering-like quality.  This type of furniture forms intricate patterns which give insight into an artist's creative ingenuity and their ability to see shapes and forms in materials most people feel are for utilitarian purpose only.  The chair in the middle is a perfect example of this meld between art and purpose - this particular chair belongs in the MFA in Boston, however, I wish it were in my house!  I have provided a few examples of the same kind of furniture that you can actually afford to put in your own "museum."


1. KRYSSBO ceiling light, $60

No comments:

Post a Comment