Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Noncommital

Tattooing has had a long history in American culture.  Although skin ink has been around for thousands of years it made its way into our culture in the late 1800's and early 1900's.  Beginning with sailors as a way of remembering their travels tattooing now represents much more while styles and colors abound from the traditional primary colors present at the turn of the century.

Tattoo








For those of us unable to commit permanently to a tattoo there are alternatives.  Personally I love tattoos, however, I have never been able to commit to a design that I would have to view for a lifetime.  My fickleness has led me to look for alternatives that don't try to replicate a "real" tattoo but rather reference skin art in a fun, fashion forward manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment