Monday, November 22, 2010

Impressing your mother-in-law

Setting a Thanksgiving table is almost as important as the meal ... especially if your mother-in-law will be in attendance!  I personally enjoy using my hands as a physical reminder: your left hand makes a "b" for the placement of the bread and butter plate on the left and your right hand makes a "d" for the placement of the drinks on your right.  Here is another cheat sheet for help:




For my personal tablescape I choose to stick with a silver and white theme - using a mix of silver, pewter, and platinum and white china.  Doing so allows me to add pops of color according to the occasion at hand.  A few of my favorite pieces include a pewter gravy boat, a lacquered wooden and silver salad bowl, and my prized silver tumblers.  Using my finest makes me feel like an official grown-up.


Impressing your mother in law

{courtesy of southernliving.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment