Thursday, March 7, 2013

26 weeks



How far along? 26 weeks 4 days
Total weight gain: 22 lbs - all in the tummy ... or at least that is what the nice people around me say
Maternity clothes? since 15 weeks and I am highly tired of them - this would be my least favorite part of pregnancy solely because I can't buy any of the cute new things coming out and I can only wear knit which makes me feel very dumpy
Stretch marks? Not yet .. crossing my fingers.  I have been and will remain religious with the lotion.  I've been using Johnson and Johnson baby oil cream with Aloe and Vitamin E.
Sleep:  Sleep has been getting  better except for the 2 to 4 bathroom trips a night but at least I can fall asleep again when I get back in bed which had been a huge problem during the beginning of my second trimester
Best moment this week:  Last night when I got in bed they were moving around quite a bit so the C-note and I were feeling them kick.  All of the sudden I felt a sharp kick on my left rib (all four feet are in the same region which makes things interesting) and when I reached over to feel that particular spot I got a surprise ... HIS FOOT!  I could actually feel the outline of his little foot again my stomach and then clear across to the right side of my ribs C-note could feel the top of his head.  I was pretty amazing to feel one of your babies from top to toe.  Unfortunately she is too low and set back to do the same with her.
Miss Anything? regular clothes and sushi
Movement:  I think I covered some of this above but yes they move quite a bit.  because she is in the lower part of my stomach when I curl up on the couch she begins to punch me with her little fist because she is getting crowded ... it really cracks me up because she is very predictable in this way.
Food cravings:  Nothing strange.  I still like salty foods best but I have been eating quite a few Cadbury eggs as of late but that would have happened without the extra baggage inside anyway.  
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Well, not particularly except for the gestational diabetes test.  I knew I would have to fast for 1 hours ... which to a pregnant woman is a lifetime ... so I ate a rather large breakfast.  After sucking down what tasted like watered down robitussin with a nasty "fruit punch" flavor I thought I could make it.  An hour later I was doing just fine and then I went to get my blood taken and all of the sudden ... let's just say that drink didn't want to mix with the rest of my breakfast and while getting my blood taken I puked ... that poor lab tech.  She was so so stinkin' nice and I was horrified!  However, she got my blood before I puked which made my test a success ... thanks Debo for the awesome blood work!
Gender: Still a boy and a girl!
Labor Signs:   I have been having isolated contractions which may just be from the activity within my uterus.  So far I don't believe I have had a full on contraction but I continue to monitor them.
Symptoms:  My cervix has shortened some which is to be expected especially with twins and even though it wasn't drastic my doctor has but me on progesterone in order to see if we can stabilize the shortening.  There was no funneling which is great so so far I am still allowed to work and move around as long as I take long periods of rest at every opportunity. 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy.  I really nice man at work told me that I was the happiest pregnant woman he had ever seen ... he must not know too many :)  However, it was nice to hear because I try my hardest not to complain because I am just so grateful to have these little guys in the first place.
Looking forward to: My friends here in Charleston are giving me a baby shower on Friday night and then we have a wedding to attend on Saturday.  It will be nice to hang out like a normal person.

No comments:

Post a Comment