Monday, October 11, 2010

Feathers, feathers, feathers

Feathers, feathers, feathers

The mundane feeling of Monday inspired me to think about the new fashion trend of feathers.  They seem to be flying (yes the pun was intended) throughout the season and with them they bring whimsy and delightfulness I can only equate to my former dress-up clothes as a child.  The light brush-strokes of this Renoir painting mimic the feathers in the woman's hands and hair, while the muted tones of the background play up the color variation of a real feather.


2 comments:

  1. Also, do a segment on this piece!! One of my faves

    http://yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au/~mplog/Art/marc%20chagall%20woman_and_the_roses%201929.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with feathers! Great post. Sad I don't actually own any. You have to check out this skirt. SO badass. In the great words of Rachel Zoe...I die.

    http://www.shopbop.com/francesca-feather-skirt-alice-olivia/vp/v=1/845524441876108.htm?folderID=2534374302024619&fm=other-shopbysize-viewall

    ReplyDelete